What is Online Deposit?
Online Deposit is a convenient way to make immediate deposits from your home or office using a standard scanner. You must be logged into online banking to use this service.
How do I qualify for Online Deposit?
To qualify for Online Deposit, there are certain eligibility requirements that a member must meet. Genisys Credit Union utilizes a proprietary rating system to qualify members for Online Deposit. As an example, members who fit the profile below have a very good chance of qualifying for Online Deposit. For the security of Genisys Credit Union and our members we keep this rating system confidential.
- 18 + years of Age
- Actively uses the credit union’s services with no negative history on their account
- Enrolled in Online Banking
If you qualify for Online Deposit you will see the services listed in Online Banking for your use.
Is there a fee to use Online Deposit?
No, Online Deposit is a free, convenient service provided to Genisys Credit Union Members.
What are the hardware and software recommendations for Online Deposit?
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.6
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox (most current version), Safari
- High-speed Internet connection
- TWAIN-compliant document scanner (To find out if your scanner is compliant, please refer to the documentation that was supplied with the scanner. For help with your scanner, log in to your Online Banking account and click on the Online Deposit tab on the top navigation bar. Then click on "Help with Scanners and Drivers" near the bottom of the screen.)
What types of accounts can I scan deposits into?
Checking, Savings, Loans (excludes Line of Credit loans and Visa cards), and Money Market Account can all receive deposits through this service. IRAs and Health Savings Accounts are not eligible to receive contributions through Online Deposit.
What types of checks can be scanned for deposit?
- Single-party, domestic checks made payable to the owner(s) of the Genisys Credit Union account.
- Savings Bonds
- Foreign checks
- Third party checks
- Checks over $25,000.00
- Photocopies of checks
- Checks written to you that are drawn on any other account you may have
- Items stamped "non-negotiable”
- Incomplete checks
- Stale-dated or post-dated checks
- Checks that contain evidence of alteration to the information on the check
- Checks purported to be a lottery or prize winning
- Checks previously submitted for deposit
How many checks can be included in one deposit? Can multiple deposits be submitted each day?
Up to 999 checks can be included in one deposit and multiple deposits can be submitted as long as the accumulated dollar amount of the deposit(s) does not exceed the daily deposit limit.
When will my deposit be credited to my account?
Deposits received before 4:30 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) will be credited to your account on the same business day. Deposits received after 4:30 pm EST will be credited to your account on the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
How quickly will the funds be available to use?
Your checks can be held according to our standard hold policy. Please refer to your account for available balance. The Credit Union’s Funds Availability Policy will apply for all deposits.
What should I do with the check once it has been scanned?
Once you have scanned your check(s) and your deposit has been credited to your account, you should securely store the original check(s) for 90 days before destroying it.
How do I get a copy of my deposit?
If you click on the Deposit History Tab at the top right corner of the page, a listing of your scanned deposits will be displayed. If you click on the icon, you can view the deposit details along with a copy of the items included in that deposit. If you click on the icon, you can download a copy of the deposit and print it or save it to a file on your computer for your records.
How much time do I have to scan my deposits?
Twenty (20) minutes. The Online Deposit session will timeout after twenty minutes of inactivity. There is a Session Timeout clock displayed on the top right corner of the screen. During the last five minutes of the session, the clock time will appear in red. Every time the page is changed, the clock refreshes.
How do I get help if I encounter a problem?
Online Deposit is designed as an easy-to-use, self-service product with built in “Help”. Select "Help" on each line of the process for a detailed explanation, helpful hints and a short video explanation of each process step.
If I have questions, where can I go to receive help?
If you are within the Online Deposit section of Online Banking, you can select "Help" or "?" as you begin the transaction and you will see information specific to the page you are on. You can also send an email to email@example.com or call (248) 322-9800 ext 5.