Student Checking & College Rewards Accounts
Being a college student comes with many challenges. Genisys wants to make it easy and affordable for you to manage your finances while you focus on your studies.
Student Checking Accounts
The essential elements of a student checking account are low fees, convenient access to funds through a wide ATM network, a debit card, and mobile and online access.
A student checking account from Genisys Checking Account delivers it all.
- FREE Checking – No monthly fees, no minimum balance requirement
- FREE Mobile Banking apps for iPhone and Android – Includes mobile check deposit
- FREE Online Banking
- NO SURCHARGE ATM access at nearly 30,000 Co-Op Network ATM locations nationwide
- Six FREE ATM transactions per month at non-Genisys ATMs
- FREE Genisys Rewards Debit MasterCard
- FREE eStatements and notices – Don’t worry about changing your address.
- FREE Online or Mobile Bill Pay when you elect to receive eStatements
- FREE customized Text and Email Alerts to help you track your accounts and avoid fees
Genisys College Rewards Money Market Account
If you are in college and considering opening a student bank account, Genisys has a special credit union money market account for you to help you earn money market account rates on your hard-earned savings.
As a college student, you are eligible for the College Rewards Money Market when you open a Checking account and sign up for eStatements.
- $100 minimum balance to earn dividends
- Dividends earned based on a six-tiered rate structure
First-time Auto Buyers Program
A reliable car is often a critical factor in successfully completing your studies. Genisys offers a variety of terms for new and used vehicle loans so you can get a payment that fits your monthly budget. We provide financing at excellent rates for first-time auto buyers who have limited or no credit history. Apply online today, visit a Genisys branch or call us at 800-521-8440 ext. 5.
Get started today!
- Visit your local credit union branch today
- call a Financial Service Representative at 800-521-8440 ext. 5
Student Checking FAQs
What’s a student checking account?
We know that, as a college student, you probably have enough on your mind above and beyond your finances. Student checking accounts are simple, easy-access checking accounts that can help you manage your finances and get access to your money while you concentrate on what matters most - your studies!
What are some benefits of opening a student checking account?
Student checking accounts offer a number of advantages for college students, even compared to other checking accounts. Genisys student checking accounts can offer you low fees, a wide ATM network to access your money whether you’re on- or off-campus, mobile apps for banking on the go, and more! These low fees and features allow you to learn how to manage your checking account while giving you the convenience you need to focus on your classes.
How can I check my student account balance?
Checking your student account balance at Genisys is easy! Just use our mobile banking app or our online banking portal to check your account balance, contact our customer service reps, and more! You can also check your balance (using your Genisys debit card) by visiting an ATM or any of our branches.
What do you need to open a student checking account?
To open a student account, you just need a student ID to verify your current enrollment status, a government ID to confirm your identity, and a valid social security number.
How can I open a student account?
To open a student checking account with Genisys, all you need to do is bring your needed documents to your local branch, or contact a Financial Service Representative at 800-521-8440 ext. 5.