Information on Equifax Data Breach
As you may have heard, credit reporting agency Equifax announced recently that their systems and data were breached on July 29, 2017. The breach has been reported as potentially affecting 143 million consumers.
Genisys Credit Union member data and systems have not been affected. However, we advise members to consider taking protective actions.
- Go to www.equifaxsecurity2017.com to check if your data may have been compromised.
- Monitor your credit activity at www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Consider establishing credit monitoring with Equifax or through other service providers.
Protection of your personal information is always a top priority at Genisys. Here are some steps you can always take to protect yourself.
- Continually monitor all of your accounts by reviewing your statements carefully and following your account activity in online and/or mobile banking
- Download the CardNav App. CardNav is a mobile app that gives you control of when and how your cards are used. Identify potential fraud, monitor and control spending instantly, and receive lightening fast alerts - all from the palm of your hand.
- Enroll in eAlerts for your Genisys accounts. When you set up alerts in online banking on the eAlerts tab, you can arrange to have notices for various account activities sent to you by text or email.
- Genisys provides free Identity Theft Protection to members with a Genisys Debit or Credit MasterCard. Sign up for free email alerts that will notify you when your card or personal information is seen on monitored websites linked to fraudulent activity. You can also get assistance if you experience Identity Theft. Sign up at MasterCard ID Theft Protection.
- Visit our Cyber Scout Identity Theft 911 page to learn about this free service from Genisys Credit Union that updates you on identity fraud trends, ways to protect yourself, and the Identity Theft 911 Resolution Center. Receive free assistance if you experience identity theft.