2023 Community Pride Scholarship Application
In partnership with Genisys Credit Union and the Oxford Chamber of Commerce
Up to four (4) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to Oxford High School seniors in an academic year.
- Applicants must be a graduating Oxford High School senior with a grade point average (GPA) of
2.5 or higher.
- Students may attend any college, university, trade school, or employer-sponsored skilled trade
apprenticeship program and choose any course of study as a full time student.
- Applicants must submit an essay, artwork, video, or music, etc. explaining “What does the
Oxford community mean to you?”
- One (1) letter of recommendation, a page or less in length, from a non-family member detailing
why you would be a good choice for the Community Pride Scholarship. Letter can be from a teacher, coach, school administrator, or any other adult over the age of 21.
- Genisys Credit Union and Oxford Chamber of Commerce employees, contract employees, or
board members, their immediate relatives, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews are not eligible to apply.
- A print version of the application is available and can be submitted to any Genisys Credit Union branch or the Oxford High School Counseling Office.
- Application must be received by close of business on Friday, April 14, 2023.
Accepted file types: PDF, JPG, PNG, MP4, MP3
CERTIFICATION BY APPLICANT
I certify that the information I provided in this application is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I meet the eligibility criteria of Genisys Credit Union and the Oxford Chamber of Commerce
for this scholarship and I understand that my submission of an application and / or meeting eligibility
criteria does not guarantee that I will receive a scholarship. I grant my permission to release school
records to the Community Pride Scholarship Committee.
All complete applications will be reviewed by members of the Community Pride Scholarship Committee and awards will be determined in a fair and consistent manner. Scholarships will be awarded by May 1st, 2023. The scholarship check will be made payable to the educational institution. Checks will not be made payable to the student.
The Community Pride Scholarship Committee does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, martial status, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. Genisys Credit Union and Oxford Chamber of Commerce employees, contract employees, or board members, their immediate relatives, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews are not eligible to apply.
DEADLINE: Friday, April 14, 2023
Application and supporting materials may be dropped off at any Genisys Credit Union branch or to the Oxford High School Counseling Office by close of business on Friday, April 14, 2023.
Scholarship winners will be notified May 1, 2023. As a condition of acceptance, scholarship winners will be asked to sign a media release form for the purpose of publication, advertisement, and announcement of scholarship awards.
If you have any questions, please contact Theresa Doan - Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility at Genisys Credit Union - firstname.lastname@example.org