Welcome to Parent Corner!
Start the Conversation!
Each month we offer a financial topic to help you Start the Conversation of money and savings with your kids!
Educating children on saving, budgeting and making healthy financial choices for today and the future can be a tough job. Financial education is slowly making its way into our schools, and kids absorb ideas and facts like sponges, so they may already know more than you think. Get into a conversation, find out what they already know, and then teach them everything else.
Small Steps for College Saving
As a parent, one thing that is always looming in the background is your child’s college education. Yes, you want the best for your child – to send them to a good school; to make sure they get a great education. But, all you hear about in the news is sky rocketing college prices. Not to mention you’re trying to save for your own retirement and everyday expenses. So how do you make it all work? Read more
- Understanding the "Magic" of Debit Cards
- Summer Jobs for Kids
- Giving With Gratitude
- The Cost of Living
- When I grow Up I Want To Be...
- Working it Out - Teach Your Kids How Money is Earned for the Family
- Creative, Low Cost Gifts from the Kids!
- Should Kids Help Fund Their College Savings
- Talking to Your Kids about Your Taxes
- Building a Financial Future
- Emergency Funds - Not Just for Adults!
- Do Your Kids have Virtual Shopping Smarts?
- What Schools Don't Teach Kids about Money
- Don't Give Cash to Your Teen
- Saving for Your Child's Future
- 7 Tips for Raising Money Smart Kids
- Debit Card - Credit Cards with Training Wheels
- Talking to the Kids About Your Salary
- 6 Easy Ways to Teach Your Kids about Saving Money
- Teach Kids to Set Savings Goals
- Don't Keep the Household Budget a Secret
- Helping Your Child Become a Financially Responsible Adult
Download our FREE eBook:
Genisys is here to offer you information to help start the conversation and give kids real world examples and scenarios to think about and learn from.
Subscribe to our FREE Parent Corner Resource
Receive monthly emails with financial tips and advice for talking to your children about money and savings!
Go to main navigation