Welcome to Parent Corner
Educating children on saving, budgeting and making healthy financial choices for today and the future can be a tough job. Financial education is slowly making its way into our schools, and kids absorb ideas and facts like sponges, so they may already know more than you think. Get into a conversation, find out what they already know, and then teach them everything else.
Genisys is here to offer you information to help start the conversation and give kids real world examples and scenarios to think about and learn from.
Receive monthly emails with financial tips and advice for talking to your children about money and savings!
For some parents, the thought of teaching preschoolers about money may seem a little premature. However, this is one of the most vital ages to begin developing lifelong lessons and creating important habits about saving and spending money. And honestly, getting back to basics with money lessons is good for kids (and adults) of all ages.Read More »
They grow up fast, right? This is the summer your kid is getting their first job.That first paycheck your teenager earns seems like absolute gold to them. They worked and earned it. Now, it is up to you to teach them how to use that money wisely. Most teens have plans for their first check, and it can be a good thing to let them spend it as they would like to. However, this is also an important time to talk about some key topics regarding managing their money now and in the future.Read More »
While all the kids are home and you’re the teacher these days, have you brought some lessons on money, personal finance, and even budgeting into the homeschool classroom? Depending on your children’s ages, of course, there are different topics you can cover. Here are a few ideas to get started with. And naturally, tailor each one for your child’s age and learning level.Read More »
- Preschool Money Lessons for All Ages
- Managing Money Made at First Job
- Finance Lesson While Homeschooling
- Financial Tips for Single Parents
- Money Management for Teens
- Small Steps For College Savings
- Understanding the "Magic" of Debit Cards
- Summer Jobs For Kids
- Giving with Gratitude
- The Cost of Living
- When I grow Up I Want to...
- Working It Out - teach Your Kids How Money Is Earned for the Family
- Creative, Low Cost Gifts from the Kids
- Should Kids Help Fund their College Savings
- Talking to Your Child about Taxes
- Building A Financial Future
- Emergency Funds - Not Just for Adults
- Do Your Kids have Virtual Shopping Smarts
- What Schools Don't Teach Kids About Money
- Don't Give Cash to Your Teens
- Saving for Your Child's Future
- 7 Tips for Raising Money Smart Kids
- Debit Cards - Credit Cards With Training Wheels
- Talking To The Kids About Your Salary
- 6 Tips for Kids & Money
- Helping Your Child be a Financially Responsible Adult
- Teach Kids to Set Savings Goals
- Dont Keep the Budget a Secret
Dive into the financial topics you care most about.
High Yield Youth Savings Account
Give Your Kids a Smart Start – Earn 5.12%APY*
Genisys Credit Union Youth Savings Accounts are structured to encourage and reward saving. Earn an amazing rate of 5.12%APY on balances up to $500. This High Yield Youth Savings Account is available for kids from birth to 18 years old.
More Than a Savings Account
Genisys Credit Union Youth Clubs offer a fun way to learn about money and the importance of saving. Each Youth Club has a full list of age appropriate benefits to guide your child in the right direction financially.
Open a Youth Account Today!
*Annual Percentage Yield designated as APY and subject to change at any time. Balances above $500.00 are paid the standard share savings rate.
This page is in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and does not collect or retain information from any visitor to the page including children under the age of 13.For more information on The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act please read Frequently Asked Questions about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule.Go to main navigation