Welcome to Parent Corner!
Start the Conversation!
Each month we offer a financial topic to help you Start the Conversation of money and savings with your kids!
Educating children on saving, budgeting and making healthy financial choices for today and the future can be a tough job. Financial education is slowly making its way into our schools, and kids absorb ideas and facts like sponges, so they may already know more than you think. Get into a conversation, find out what they already know, and then teach them everything else.
Managing Money Made at the First Job
They grow up fast, right? This is the summer your kid is getting their first job.That first paycheck your teenager earns seems like absolute gold to them. They worked and earned it. Now, it is up to you to teach them how to use that money wisely. Most teens have plans for their first check, and it can be a good thing to let them spend it as they would like to. However, this is also an important time to talk about some key topics regarding managing their money now and in the future.
- Small Steps for College Savings
- Understanding the "Magic" of Debit Cards
- Summer Jobs for Kids
- Giving With Gratitude
- The Cost of Living
- When I grow Up I Want To Be...
- Working it Out - Teach Your Kids How Money is Earned for the Family
- Creative, Low Cost Gifts from the Kids!
- Should Kids Help Fund Their College Savings
- Talking to Your Kids about Your Taxes
- Building a Financial Future
- Emergency Funds - Not Just for Adults!
- Do Your Kids have Virtual Shopping Smarts?
- What Schools Don't Teach Kids about Money
- Don't Give Cash to Your Teen
- Saving for Your Child's Future
- 7 Tips for Raising Money Smart Kids
- Debit Card - Credit Cards with Training Wheels
- Talking to the Kids About Your Salary
- 6 Easy Ways to Teach Your Kids about Saving Money
- Teach Kids to Set Savings Goals
- Don't Keep the Household Budget a Secret
- Helping Your Child Become a Financially Responsible Adult
- Finance Lesson While Homeschooling
Download our FREE eBook:
Genisys is here to offer you information to help start the conversation and give kids real world examples and scenarios to think about and learn from.
Subscribe to our FREE Parent Corner Resource
Receive monthly emails with financial tips and advice for talking to your children about money and savings!
Go to main navigation