Save for the future
With any IRA from Genisys you’ll get competitive rates as you save for your future. Open your IRA with any amount and make regular contributions through Direct Deposit, by mail or in person.
Choose the IRA that is right for you
- Traditional IRA – With this IRA, you may qualify for a tax-deductible contribution—and that means your overall tax bill at the time of funding will be lower.
- Roth IRA – Contributions are made with after-tax dollars. At retirement, both your contributions and the earnings may generally be taken out as tax-free withdrawals.
- Coverdell Education Savings Account – Contribute Savings Account (CESA) – Federally sponsored savings vehicles for children. Can put up to $2,000 per year in your child’s CESA and don’t have to have earned income in order to qualify to make an ESA contribution.
Open your IRA with the account that best fits your needs
- Savings – Open your IRA with no minimum and make contributions any time.
- Money Market – The IRA Money Market is a high yield, short-term investment vehicle. Because the IRA Money Market combines the retirement benefits of an IRA with the convenience and liquidity of a money market account, you can put your money to work for you while you weigh your future investment options. Or use it to hold funds that you’ll want access to as you reach your IRA distribution age.
- Certificate – If you have a Genisys Credit Union IRA, you can transfer as little as $500 to a Genisys Credit Union Certificate and earn even higher rates.
Fewer fees are a great benefit of being a Genisys member. Compare our fees to what you pay at other institutions.
Download form MI-4WP, Withholding Certificate for Michigan Pension or Annuity Payments.