Conversion & Troubleshooting Guides
Looking for more information on how to convert your Quicken, Quick Books or Mint account? Below are several detailed help guides.
Q. If I use other applications that I have shared my Genisys Online Banking User ID and password with to retrieve my account information how am I impacted by the new mobile and online banking system?
At this time, the connection between your Genisys accounts and any third party applications such as Mint®, Quicken®, or other third party vendors will work differently. The implementation of a one time PIN code in place of member selected questions with our online and mobile banking conversion does impact these third-party applications.
For Quicken®, Mint®, and others you will need to provide the one time PIN code during the initial set-up of your account and for each subsequent account refresh. These third-party systems will be unable to update your balances without a one time PIN code being entered. We understand that this member experience needs to be improved. We are working with our third-party partners on a better overall user experience.
- Quicken for Windows Conversion Instructions (EWC)
- Quicken for Windows Conversion Instructions (WC)
- Quicken for Mac 2016-2018 Conversion Instructions (EWC)
- Quicken for Mac 2016-2018 Conversion Instructions (WC)
- Quicken for Mac 2007 Conversion Instructions (WC)
- QuickBooks for Windows Conversion Instructions (WC)
- QuickBooks for Mac Conversion Instructions (WC)
- QuickBooks Online Edition Conversion Instructions (ECW)